MuSicals Mix Tape March 2017
This post does have affiliate links.
This is a mix tape. This won’t be for everybody. I love a number of musicals which have been released in the last 12 years or so. Netflix, as of late, has been releasing a few of my favorites which has had me reminiscing, singing the songs, out loud at home. Films such as Across the Universe, and especially Sweeney Todd.
This mix tape consists mostly of male performances. The ladies in the movies sing incredible numbers, but I don’t feel the guys get enough love. I feel the performance from the men is masculine and stoic. A far departure, I feel of how men are portrayed in so many of today’s films and tv shows as grown man children. Overly sensitive and without a clue.
The films covered in this mix tape but not in this order.
- Sweeney Todd (2007) with Johnny Depp, directed by Tim Burton.
- Across the Universe (2006) with Jim Sturgess, directed by Julie Taymor.
- La La Land (2016) with Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling, directed by Damian Chazelle.
- Dreamgirls (2007) with Jamie Foxx, directed by Bill Condon.
- Les Miserables (2012) with Hugh Jackman, directed by Tom Hooper.
- Get Him To The Greek (2010) with Russell Brand, directed by Nicholas Stoller
- Sing Street (2016) directed by John Carney.
- Walk the Line (2005) with Joaquin Phoenix, directed by James Mangold.
Here’s the YouTube version.