The Sleep Revolution by Arianna Huffington-My Biggest Takeaways
There are affiliate links in this post.
Here is the podcast version.
There was a time in early 2016 when I was running on 4 hours of sleep regularly. My reselling business was at its highest peak. I hired two employees to help me in the business. I was also podcasting and trying to rebuild my Kindle publishing business. All the while, holding a full time job. At my front desk job, I would nod off while I was standing. This was a scary, regular occurrence . It got bad.
Here’s the video version of the podcast.
Until reading this book, I didn’t realize how important sleep can be. Especially for repair and recovery of the body. I also began realizing that my best ideas came to me after I’ve slept. This book was informative but I felt it dragged on at times. These are my biggest takeaways from Arianna Huffington’s ‘The Sleep Revolution’.
- ‘A 2015 CNN.com article based on the latest findings by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, provocatively titled “Sleep or Die,” discussed the connection between lack of sleep and increased risk of heart attack, stroke, diabetes, and obesity.’ pg 26
- ‘Self-control requires mental energy, and each of us has a limited reservoir. When we’re tired, these energy reserves run low, and our self-control suffers.’ pg 114
- On page 170, there is a subsection titled ‘How much is enough’. It states the number of hours of sleep (in our respective age-ranges)we should be getting. ‘Young adults (18-25): 7-9 hours. Adults (26-64): 7-9 hours. Older Adults (65+) 7-8 hours.’
- ‘I discovered that you don’t have to make earth-shattering changes to see the benefits; even small steps matter a lot.’ pg 242
- ‘And when I’m really having trouble sleeping, or wake up with thoughts crowding my mind, I’ve found meditation to be a great remedy. Instead of stressing out about how I’m staying awake and fearing I’ll be tired the next day, I prop a few extra pillows under me and reframe what’s happening as a great opportunity to practice my meditation.’ pg 212
If you found this information useful and would like to read more you can purchase this book through my amazon link located here. By purchasing this book through this link you will be supporting the author and myself. Thank you.
You can contact me by calling to texting 201-429-0274. If you leave a voicemail please be aware, you only have 3 minutes. Email me at email@example.com
Rate, like, leave a review! I will shout you out for sure!
If you’ve enjoyed this, please support this podcast by doing any, all your shopping through:
my eBay link: eBay http://ebay.to/2e5mvmj
or my Amazon link: http://amzn.to/2dRu3IM
Any shopping through these links will be at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
Google Play http://bit.ly/2oEizNZ
Click here to download the MP3 version of this episode. http://bit.ly/2s7y2px